Today the expected high was only 54F. It rained most of the day, and was dreary even when the precipitation stopped.
We had some late risers this morning, so not much school work got done before my mops meeting and subsequent table group zoom. So, when it was finally time to go back to work, after a lazy morning for my little ones, Juliet had a hard time adjusting.
She told me that the work I give (from her teacher) is way harder than what her teacher gives. She also lamented that her teacher always gives free choice. I tried to snap a picture to send to her teacher of her pout, but she couldn't help but smile at her own ridiculousness.
I got an email encouraging particpation in a PTO driven teacher appreciation activity. They asked for pictures, so I used the pillowcase & paint application to save on printer ink!
William had a google meet with his class this afternoon, and I'm fixin' to go to one for all the parents in Alice's class.
After second recess I washed all of William's bedding and did one more lice treatment, despite the lack of evidence I've seen all week, just in case.
I also took a toothbrush to the upstairs screens, since they were all dusty. That then lead to vacuuming the upstairs before I started dinner.
For dinner we had hot dogs and beans. William likes it enough to ask for seconds and the rest of us like it well enough that we eat it fairly often.
I also began my research for a regular homeschool option this fall, just in case the schools start back before we are willing to send our "history of respiratory issue" babies back into a public school building. It's exciting and intimidating, but the stakes are high enough to make it worth it.
We had an ideal start time for our bedtime routine, so I had time to read an extra book, my favorite of the bedtime stories, Llama Llama Red Pajama to my babies.
Hopeful for a drier, warmer day tomorrow!
later days







No comments:
Post a Comment