The big girls were up early and woke up everyone else when they saw the baskets on the table. = ) I got rid of the cumbersome baskets that we've had for years, and switched over to these lovely plastic, nesting baskets. I thought I'd be sad to get rid of their embroidered liners and baskets that I loved, but they didn't even mention it, and I'm excited to have substantial space freed up in my storage tubs!
They each got new toothbrushes, the rest of the Kinder Eggs Sarah gave me at Christmas, and something else small & special. Look at the cute little brownies I snagged for their baskets!
We watched the 9am service online, and the kids enjoyed the children's sermon while Billy got ready (since he was in charge of hiding the eggs.)
I told the kids that we were going to pose first, then do egg hunting. And my 10 year old raided my closet for some Easter shoes, since she only has one pair that fit her right now and they are sneakers.
Using our remote feature:
It just didn't feel right to leave out a picture of all the kids in their quarantine masks. I told them to "stand apart" and this is what I got.
Lined up for the egg hunt.
Go!
Each of them drew an egg before we went outside, and that was their color to find. Everyone had 20, and with the size of our back yard it took them the better part of half an hour to track them all down. = ) Alice did the hunt in heels, she was dedicated!
I also came to the realization that this would have been Alice's final egg hunt at the village park, had it not been for quarantine. It makes me sad. = ( So, next year we might be hunting at home again, if Alice still wants in on the fun. = )
Once all the eggs were collected, opened and put back in my stash, I put on the rotisserie chicken for lunch and rushed through some chores (like laundry and sweeping.)
Emily (and others in and out) decorated the front walk with lots of eggs and art for the walkers that were out today.
The twins finished writing their thank you notes, so I ran to put them out in the mailbox and found that we'd received all kinds of fun mail! Including a letter with pictures and activities from William's teacher. = )
Grace helped me rake the flowerbeds and move the rock collection back to the laundry room corner outside. Billy brought up some of the stones that are stacked out by the shed, so that when I do put down mulch (obviously not until the gardening ban is lifted) it will stay in the beds and not wash away. = ) The grass is getting long, and I'll probably mow for the first time this season next week!
Billy also broke down the bench that has been on the front porch since we first moved in.* I ordered a new patio set that is due in next week, and am looking forward to improving our porch set up. = )
I also made my first ever devilled eggs. They came out pretty well, next time I need to add some pickle relish though.
For dinner Billy grilled out some hamburgers and hot dogs. And, we started getting ready for another week of School at Home. Even though we just came off of a break, I wish we had one more day to readjust from our lovely Easter Sunday.
later days
*Originally the bench was in a corner of the dining room but the table was so small that all 7 of us could not have possibly fit around it. So, we had a contractor break it out, and we set it out on the porch as a kind of 'seating area.' It worked out well enough, considering it was not being used as intended, but was starting to breakdown after 3 Michigan winters, to the point Billy and my mom both said something in the span of a couple of weeks.



No comments:
Post a Comment