01 April 2020

April 1st, Directed to Stay Home, Day 19, School at Home Day 13

The expected high today was 47F.  It was mostly cloudy, but the sun peaked out a while.

I had a house full of hard workers this morning, and we had some intermittent zoom calls with friends and classes!



Emily and Abby got to chat at 10, and William's class also took place at the same time (oops...) Emily had the laptop and William used my phone.

For Grace's 11am zoom call with Zoey, she requested my phone, so that she could "show her our house." lol
William made a toilet paper measuring tape (in units of paperclip).  He had to measure several things, and seemed to really enjoy it!



Emily wanted to make some pretzel-marshmallow-chocolate chip spiders.  They were a favorite craft today!


Emily's teacher sent her a card with her address in it, and Emily has been so excited to send her some pictures.  She picked a bicycle theme, and once everyone drew theirs up, we got it ready to mail!


And today, oh today, we had a lice outbreak.  And I'm not even foolin.' = (

Some how, during quarantine, when he has literally had contact with no-one, William managed to catch lice.  ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

The only guess we have is that the bar chair that I bought for Billy must have had some on it, and William just happened to put his head there?!  I sprayed it with lysol and let it sit outside before I brought it in, but didn't even consider lice. ugh.

So, today, everyone has been checked.  Billy ran to get some lice treatment and William has had round 1, all of our stuffed animals are in a secondary level of quarantine.


I'm working on washing every single piece of bedding that we have in the house, plus coats and anything else that might possibly contaminate someone.


Sarah was heading to the pharmacy in Lansing, so she also got us some and brought it by in a porch drop. = /  So, I've sprayed and sprayed some more.

And then, right before bed, I found 3 more lice in his hair.  So, it was back in the tub with him for another 10 minute session. = (

Combing through his hair this time though was very enjoyable, since the big girls brought down their regular bedtime books* and read to me! = )

Now I'm exhausted, the kids are kissed and asleep, the washer and dryer are still working hard, but I'm off to bed.

later days

*Alice is reading Percy Jackson & the Olympians, Emily is reading The Dragon That Ate Summer (and he's still hungry)

No comments:

Post a Comment