02 April 2020

April 2nd, 20th Day of Quarantine, Day 14 of School at Home

The high today was a "warm," sunny, still 57F!  It was still chilly, but not bone-chilling! I even opened the window 'this' much for a few hours! = )


I continued to work on my mountain of laundry and gave Emily a lice treatment during first recess and Grace a treatment during second recess.


Once everyone (except for William) was done with school work, I ran to the pharmacy to get the treatment they ordered yesterday, and inquire about the prescription that the pediatrician sent in today for all 5. = 0  After the pharmacy here in town, I ventured into Lansing to purchase 3 cans of spray to respray all the beds, couches, floors, chairs, etc.


Any beds that are not actively used are currently bare, pending the use of the prescription lice treatment. = (

We had BBQ sandwiches and bell pepper slices for dinner.

At 6, William and Alice attended their first martial arts trial via zoom.  They were both impressed (and so was I) enough that we might be subscribers (at least for the duration of the quarantine.)

We wrapped a few presents for the twins' impending birthday = ) then headed out to wave to our neighbors at 7pm.  I broke out a box of the sidewalk chalk that I'd earmarked for Easter gifts, since our old stash was down to nubs.

Emily and William withstood the mosquitoes (seriously?) the longest, and were coloring rocks...


Governor Whitmer official cancelled in school classes for the remainder of the year. This was not surprising.  And, despite the fact that I did not vote for her, I've been overly impressed with her leadership* during this crisis.

Tonight Sarah and Seven did a porch drop for my 'costume' on Sunday.  I'll reveal my movie later (maybe.) lol

I did finally finish all of the bedding (including washing the clean ones the kids used last night.)

And, starting tomorrow, we are officially on second spring break! woohoo!  (of course, we still have 6 zooms scheduled, so we have a 'bit' of a schedule) ; )

later days

*I giggle, despite myself, every time she says Michigander. I just can't help it.  Once a Texan, always a Texan?

Note: Joe Diffie died from the Corona Virus, and he is one of 14 songs I have on my current shortlist (before the virus). This was so sad, especially since he was not even a year older than my mother. I hope Haley and Chris are keeping her tucked away.

No comments:

Post a Comment