27 April 2020

April 27th, 45th Day of Quarantine, School at Home Day 24

The expected high today is 62F.  There is a small front moving in, which has made it feel much cooler than this morning when it was sunny.

Today, the kids went to work (almost) straight away. William had a 10am video meeting.  Right after that I had to head out to pick up groceries. Billy had a meeting, so the kids were outside when I left.

I stopped by the UPS store to drop off an amazon return, then took my recycling to Sarah's.  I then rushed to my Kroger appointment. I was still 1 minute late for my window, but they didn't give me any grief.  I 'filled up' with gas, but it was only a couple of gallons since my car spends most days parked in the carport.

After that I drove up to drop of the goods from the parade that I missed yesterday.  Then I failed at sneaking a drop off to another one of the moms, but it was a fail in the best kind of way.  I think we stood about 12 feet apart and chatted in her driveway for like an hour.  I got a message from Billy telling me that he had to go in to ship some material at his office.  So, instead of my final drop, I headed home.

The groceries didn't take too long to store away, but I had packages and dishes and laundry to manage once they were.

Emily wanted to participate  in the daily challenge on the church kids' page today.  She really enjoyed eating the "apple cookies!"


We finally got in our strawberry roots!  We planted them with the little bit of soil we had on hand.  I'll grab a couple of bags the next time I go to Sam's (maybe next week?)


While we waited on dinner, I ran one more nearby porch delivery to another busy mom, with the companionship of William, Grace and Juliet.

For dinner we had lasagna.

Alice fell asleep before dinner, and was slow waking this morning.  My theory is that she's growing into her feet.  = )

Thankful that the rest of the week is slated to be slower and less busy than today.

later days

No comments:

Post a Comment