16 April 2020

April 16th, Day 34 of Quarantine, School at Home, Day 18th

The expected high today is a measly 40F.  Woke up to another dusting on the ground, but the sun has peeked out a few times, but it is still cold.

The kids started their school work, but at 9:30 I left them to their own devices (read: not much working going on ) so that I could go to a virtual meeting. = )

My mops group had a live meet-up today, followed by a zoom with our table.  It's nice to feel connected, especially with everything being closed.

I sewed up 3 new hats for Diem and her coworkers, some of them during my Zoom meeting with my table, but the rest gave me time to think.


I sewed pieces of this directional fabric back together for a large enough piece to go with the tie that I had already made:


People are angry and scared (and bored) right now which will be interesting to study, but not fun to live.  Friendships are being completely demolished.  People are hurting because they can't work, no one wants to get sick, and the protest yesterday in Lansing strained many relationships.

I do want the record to show that a silver lining for our household is that we are using the terrible trash bags (liners =/= trash bags) at a much faster pace, so we might actually use them before the 5 year estimate I made when they arrived. = )

For dinner we had salt and pepper chicken shish kebab from Sam's, with some vegetable skewers and rice.

I had enough free time to watch some Supernatural in the evening, but the episode was the Scooby-Doo crossover, so I had to keep shooing the kids out of the room.

I'm ready for the week to be over, thankfully tomorrow is Friday!

later days

No comments:

Post a Comment