06 April 2020

April 6th, Properly Socially Distanced, Day 24, 4th Day of Spring Break

The expected high today was 60F.  It was sunny and pleasant all day.

Since we are on break, but Daddy has to work, the kids are still responsible for reading for 20 minutes each morning before they get on their electronics.

William had a 10am Zoom with his class, and Emily made a card to send to one of Avia's church ladies.


My Kroger appointment wasn't until noon, so I had a later start to the day than I prefer.  I dropped of the recycling at Sarah's, got gas, and then picked up my order.  The parking lot seemed to be slightly less congested, but 5/6 of the pick up slots were filled.

I dropped some mail in the slot at the Holt post office, then went by to drop off a food bank donation.  Sadly, the sign indicated that they were no longer able to accept food donations from the public!?! = (  I'll have to read up on this and see if they have an alternate way to donate.

At home, after putting away the groceries, I brought the kids out during Billy's meeting and we got everything ready for summer.  All of our winter tubs are stored in the shed, with the shovels and snow blower and salt. Once everyone else went in, Juliet helped me trim back the unruly part of our yard.  Sadly, we are under a burn ban right now, so all of our clippings had to go in the trash bin, instead of our usual lovely fire. = (

After a dinner of breakfast casserole and pineapple rings, Billy tried his hand at making a hot air balloon.  He constructed a thin wire frame with a tissue paper cover.  I didn't get a picture of the finished product. = (


Since we don't have a tea light, he used a charcoal brick instead.  The demise of attempt #1.


Undeterred, he repurposed the wire frame, and tried again with a duct tape cover instead.






Well, the second attempt allowed for more learning at least.

I've been feeling upbeat all day with the temperatures rising, and even an 80 degree day in the forecast!!!  Storing away all of the winter gear always puts me in a good mood too.  Tomorrow maybe I'll tackle the boots.

later days

No comments:

Post a Comment