29 April 2020

April 29th, 47th Day of Quarantine, School at Home Day 26

The expected high today is a chilly 62F.  We are expecting more rain in addition to what we have already had this morning. = (

Today was a regular day of school at home, complete with whining and smiles when the day was done.  = )



Emily had her weekly appointment with her teacher, and it just happened to be her birthday. So we blew up a few balloons, broke out some streamers and made a printout to wish her a happy birthday during the 10 minute time slot. = )


Billy seemed to have an onslaught of meetings all morning, so I took my chance to go during the first outdoor recess.

I drove (in a light rain) to retrieve our goodie 'bag' for our MOPS meeting tomorrow.  It wasn't too long of a trip and I dropped off an extra one for one of the ladies who also lives in Dimondale (that I'm not sure I've met?!?  Will certainly need to remedy that when the time comes!)

The kids were mostly finished when I returned, just lacking piano.

Once Grace finished her piano, I took out a project that I've had low on my to-do list for at least a decade! I'm translating an old German book (written in awful German script) for my own personal benefit.


That "G" looking letter at the beginning of the word? It's actually an S.  and the m in the middle, yeah, that's a w.  So the word is "Siegeswagens"  Which didn't translate.  But it is describing the statue on top of the Brandenburger Tor in Berlin, so I translated it to Victory Chariot.  In my searching I learned that we have adopted the Latin term for it and it is often referred to as a quadriga. Who knew?

For dinner we had egg fried rice.  And after dinner I attempted to use William's tablet as a webcam with his computer (our old laptop just doesn't have the processing power for the full group meetings...) but couldn't make it happen.  Once I gave up for the evening, I logged on with the laptop and got to chat with William's teacher a while.

I know my kids miss their teachers even more than I do, which just makes me really sad, because I really miss their teachers!  I'm happy to be able to connect with them one way or another!

Hopefully my dear ones can knock out their work quickly tomorrow,  so that I can 'relax' a bit during my mops meeting. Well, a girl can hope.

later days

No comments:

Post a Comment