The expected high today was 44F. This was miserably cold after our 2 days of lovely sunshine. The weather was all over the place today. Showers kept passing through, of rain, snow, hail and graupel!
Emily was the first one awake this morning, but as the twins woke up we sang happy birthday. I had Emily help them open the matching dresses first, so that they could wear them the whole day! Then, I asked if they wanted to eat their birthday cake, for breakfast? It was a unanimous yes. = )
The inside of Alice's cake design!
We opened presents right after cake, and they had a good time opening them (and so did the bigger kids.)
They spent a lot of time at the table enjoying the new toys. = )
Aunt Rocky called over with a new gift for them too, a Disney+ subscription!
First pick: Frozen II.
I spent the movie time making masks for the remaining members of our family who were without, plus one for Sarah, and one to mail to a friend.
I forgot to take a 'finished' picture, and I'd already sealed off the one for the mail. I had to pull out the rest of them from where they will live for a while.
Grace and Juliet each took a turn Zooming with their friends (two separate calls, of course. lol)
For dinner, we were going to eat take out from the Ice Cream Shop, but when I got online to look up their menu, I found that they closed at 3pm today, and will be closing up for the next few weeks. = (
So, plan B, I went up to Wendy's and everyone got a frosty instead of ice cream. It didn't meet with the ideal in my head, but the twins didn't seem to mind. = )
I watched 3 or 4 episodes of Kim Possible with Grace, and now the kids are watching the original Frozen.
Hopefully the twins had a great day, they were asking when they get to have their party (which we still do not have any sort of timeline on.)
And the weather for the next 10 days looks just miserably cold. I'm really ready to be warm again.
later days














No comments:
Post a Comment