15 April 2020

April 15th, 33rd Day of Quarantine, 17th Day of School at Home

The expected high today was 36F.  But there was snow on the ground this morning, and it snowed almost the entire day.  I don't know if it actually reached 36, but at one point Billy bumped up the heat because it was just too cold inside. = (


This morning the twins and William had back to back Zoom meetings.  So, the twins were on the laptop and William got my phone.


I thought that this week would be one where I didn't have to go anywhere (since I went to Sam's on Friday) but our MOPS leaders made us goody backs for tomorrow's meeting, so I made the short trip to grab my bag off of a porch.  Inside was a photo challenge, so that made for an exciting afternoon. = )  They gave us some props to use, and other challenges using things around the house.

Sitting out on a snowy, freezing porch with my umbrella (prop) stuck in a piece of pineapple on the rim of my cranberry juice.







The art recreations was totally on my radar already, but I was so excited to have a double reason to make it happen.  I picked Van Gogh's The Potato Eaters, because there were five people in the painting.


Alice helped me with my origami cat.


I also made two more hats to send to Diem, since my first one hadn't yet arrived.  The seam binding is the time consuming part, since I am making it from the material.  I should just use what I've got, but it looks so much better when it matches completely!


And, while all the accessories were out, Emily had some fun.


Wearing all the accessories:


And Grace spent an hour or so making necklace art:


For dinner we had chicken and noodle alfredo (with a bunch of add-ins.)  Billy was a big fan, the kids not so much.

We had a crafty, creative afternoon and it made today go much faster than yesterday!

later days

No comments:

Post a Comment