After a nice Palm Sunday service at home, I found the motivation to finish the three N95 mask covers that I had cut out during my last sewing session.
Intermittently Grace would come up, and wanted to make a mask. Once I was in a good place to pause, I helped her make one out of the material she picked.
Well, of course, once Emily saw Grace's she wanted to make one too. But, she made hers almost entirely on her own! I helped a little with winding the bobbin, tying the elastic and ironing, she did the rest! This is when I asked her to hold up 19 fingers (for Covid-19.) lol
Once I finished the masks I had set out to finish, I made a prototype of a scrub cap, since I had a request for some. I only made one, just in case it's not what she had in mind.
Then, right before I put away my sewing station, I made Billy a mask to wear out. So, Emily tapped Billy to help hold up the 19 fingers. = )
Sewing took up most of the day, and by the time I had everything put away, it was time for my weekly busy mom's zoom.
It was a small group, just Sara, Rachel and me. I love having the social time each week, and am thankful that I don't have to go anywhere to enjoy it. lol
It was nice to be able to do a quick bedtime, since we are on break all week!
later days



No comments:
Post a Comment