23 April 2020

April 23rd, 41st Day of Quarantine, 22nd Day of School at Home

The expected high is 49F today.  It was really cold, and rained, and we never saw the sun.  Have I mentioned that I'm done with the cold? No, oh, well I am.  Totally done.

I used almost all of the browning bananas in chocolate chip banana nut bread this morning, and the loaf was gone by lunch!

Billy got an email this morning that his company is furloughing some people, including engineering. This would be an 8 week furlough, which is a long time. So that was a lovely stress that I could have done without.

William started itching his head again, so more lice treatment and more laundry.  We're past the two week mark, and all the stuffed animals are still in the basement.  I've sprayed everything, so I'm hoping that it was just an itchy head, since I didn't find anything with the comb.  Also stress I could have done without.

An email came later that Billy would continue working for now, thank goodness!

We did 'whole group' kinetics today.  They called for pool noodles, but gave some ideas for substitutes.  So, we used foam cups!


Grace used the final banana in a blueberry-banana smoothie.  It wasn't much, but she, William and Alice managed to split it three ways. = )

I found time to finish yesterday's hat and one more today for a nice pleasant 10 to send to Diem!


Grace and Juliet and William all had Zoom meetings today, then I had one this evening with Alice's teacher (and the other parents in the class) and then I had a MOPS Zoom for virtual watercolor painting.  It was really fun! Also, I totally stole Deb's group picture.



For dinner we had cheese tortellini in alfredo.

Now it is late, and time for bed after a ridiculously stressful day, that at least ended with just the right amount of art. = )

later days

No comments:

Post a Comment