The high today was a respectable 70F! I woke up to rain, but was able to fall back to sleep in the wee hours of the morning. The rest of the morning was overcast with a little rain, but the afternoon was absolutely lovely!
MOPS hosted their first virtual meeting this morning, sadly, it wasn't until 12 our time. = ( It was so good to watch though! Missing all the time with my ladies!
I received a postcard from my college friend Evelyn, a lovely postcard all the way from across the country!
After I emptied the medicine delivery box, I drove it into Lansing to the FedEx. I saw my first ever high speed chase, with three troopers in pursuit and 6 following without sirens and lights! I couldn't find any sort of news article afterward, so I don't know what happened.
Once I returned home, we went for a family walk down to the local trails.
Where is Alice?
"Look, it's a dinosaur footprint!"
Don't mind the twins, they are not acclimated and were slightly overdressed. ; )
A tiny island next to the island.
The crew, smiling and not touching anything!
Walking back we even managed to work up a bit of a sweat (what?!?) and so Emily convinced some of her siblings to play out in the sprinkler!
She also washed out the boot bins while she was playing in the sprinkler, and I put all the boots in the basement for the next few months! <3
We had some crockpot beef roast for dinner. It was sooooo good, and it made the house smell lovely all day!
After seeing 3 M*A*S*H memes posted in the last week, I couldn't help but start back up season one of my DVDS. It's slow going, but it makes me happy to watch. I came to the realization that Alice is only 4 years younger than I was when I started to watch it!!!
Tonight we had a storm blow in, complete with hail. I snapped this shot during a lightning strike*. There's not much on most of the deck, but all around the storage chest.
I think tomorrow is supposed to be our coldest day, so hoping for an easy one, since we'll be stuck inside.
later days
*It was fully dark out, so this is 'artificial' light from the lightening.












No comments:
Post a Comment