The expected high today is 61F. It is currently brilliantly sunny.
I started the morning by stripping the beds that were used (again.) And spraying everything down. Hopefully this will be the last day of bedding washing, once we put in the medicine.
This morning the twins had a zoom call with their class. They were excited to see everyone!
After noon I went to pickup the kids' prescription medicine, and it had to sit on their heads for 8 hours! It smelled awful and is either exceptionally flammable or does some damage if heated. We kept the windows open all day to try to air out the house (luckily the temperature was accommodating.)
Now that the talent show has been officially cancelled, Emily put together a package for Abby, which included the matching outfits they were planning to wear. Emily wanted to send a puzzle of her wearing her dress to Abby, so we took the picture and she made it up. Sadly, it was drying away from the box, and I forgot to put it in. = 0 We'll have to mail her a letter with it next week. = )
We played with the Google 3D animal option for a little while.
After dinner, from our local pizza parlor, we waved to our neighbors from the driveway while we drew some happy art. = )
After coming in, I found that I had completely forgotten to remind Alice about her first class zoom meeting. = ( It was almost 45 minutes after her meeting time, so there was no chance for her to even chime in late. We'll have to do a better job of setting an alarm next time (versus the single calendar reminder that I missed.)
And last night, I took down the paperwork from the fieldtrips that will never happen. It made me more sad than I would like to admit.
The twins each put on some jeans and found a toy phone to stick in the back pocket, so that they could be "like mutti." It's so endearing.
I picked a comedy from the Netflix library that I didn't recall seeing, but apparently had, called The Ugly Truth. It came out in 2009, so it must have been one of the last movies we saw in theaters before Alice arrived. = )
At the late, late time of 9:45, I started the regimen of showering the medicine out of everyone's hair and combing through along the scalp. Thankfully, we saw no signs of lice or nits, so I'm carefully optimistic that we may be in the clear. I also trimmed the girls' hair to make combing easier. Since I've not trained at all for hair cutting, I cut of the tiniest effective amount. My hope is that once we are able to make a salon trip, they will be able to easily rectify any mistakes that I made.
It was a late bedtime, so the kids were out quickly, and I went to bed as fast as I could manage. I left one single load of bedding in the dryer, because it was just too late.
later days










No comments:
Post a Comment